Vibrant Waldorf Salad
This fresh and brightly coloured Waldorf salad is my healthy spin on the traditional version. Not only is this greener and lighter, but the best part is the tart yogurt dressing which is so delicious and really what makes this salad so tasty. I love the vibrant look this ass to a table setting. Perfect for summer evenings!
Serves 2 people
- 1 butter lettuce (also known as round lettuce)
- 3-4 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 apple, sliced
- small handful pomegranate seeds
- handful walnuts
- ¼ cup yogurt
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar (raw, unfiltered)
- 1½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- salt + pepper
- water to thin if desired
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a jar with a lid and shake vigorously until well combined and smooth. Set dressing aside.
- Wash and cut all the vegetables and mix together in a bowl.
- Pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- Top with walnuts and pomegranate seeds and serve.
- Store the remaining dressing in the fridge for 2-3 days.