Chickpea + Cauliflower Curry
This curry is one of the most cooked meals in our house and a great recipe for those looking to transition or incorporate more vegetarian meals into their weeks. I love serving this with rice or quinoa for a hearty comfort meal, but often end up going for a lighter version and serve it warm on a bed of leafy greens and topped with avocado and pomegranate seeds. Hope you enjoy.
- 1-2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, cut into small pieces
- 2 carrots, cut into small pieces
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 1 x 400 ml can coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp turmeric
- 150 ml red lentils (dry)
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- Saute onion in coconut oil for a few minutes, until translucent and soft. Add garlic and ginger and stir.
- Add vegetable stock, lentils, sweet potato and carrot pieces as well as all the spices. Stir gently and bring to a simmer, then leave to simmer for about 20 minutes until the vegetables are soft and lentils are cooked.
- Smash the sweet potato with a potato masher to help thicken the sauce. The add coconut milk, chickpeas and cauliflower florets and leave to simmer for another few minutes until cauliflower pieces soften – but don’t overcook.
- Add salt & pepper as/if needed and sprinkle with fresh coriander before serving.
- Serve with rice or quinoa and extra greens