Lemon Coconut Bites
These lemon bites are refreshing and filling and full of wholesome nutritious ingredients. They’re great for kids and easy to make ahead and have ready in the fridge.
I love their tart lemony flavour, and snacks like these are a great movie night treat for kids as well. If you don’t fancy the lemon flavour, but prefer chocolate, try my cookie balls, or my protein power balls both of which are great and healthy snacks options.
Makes 10 balls
- 75 gm soft dates (Medjool are best)
- 75 gm raw cashew nuts
- 25 gm (1/4 cup) shredded coconut
- 25 gm (1/4 cup) oats
- 1/2-1 tsp lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- Place cashew nuts, oats and coconut in a food processor fitted with an S-blade. Process until it has the consistency of a fine flour
- Add turmeric, lemon zest and half the dates and process again
- add the remaining dates and process until the mixture starts sticking together in a ball
- Roll up small balls and roll them in shredded coconut before serving
- Store in the fridge or freezer